Friday, January 17, 2014

Throwback Friday

I missed Thursday. Oops. Nevertheless, I found these awesome photos I had never uploaded from summer time. They made me miss the warm weather, and made me appreciate how beautifully green and sunny Germany was.

Enjoy!

We went to a medieval market. Free entrance if you dress up! Don't mind if we do.

They had sword fights for the "fair maiden."

Ray likes armor.

There were lots of cool handicrafts for sale.

... like bows and arrows.

Partying medieval German style, with alcohol free juices in fancy bottles.

Then we went to Bernkastel-Kues for a wine festival and fireworks over the castle. Actually half our ward went together. All of the Mormons agreed, the white grape juice was excellent this year.


Bernkastel-Kues was beautiful!



They had some really fun traditional dance performances going on.


Sigh, I miss summer. Today the sun popped out after several days of rain and fog. I started quoting Thumbelina. "Once there was the sun..."

2 comments:

  1. You miss summer & I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you're having such a good time!! It's so beutiful there!!

    ReplyDelete