Wednesday, May 2, 2018

2 Months for Baby Girl

I took Diana to her 2 month well check yesterday and our pediatrician walked in and exclaimed "Two months already?!" to which I responded, "ONLY two months?!" This little girl is pushing me and stretching me to grow in ways I never thought possible. I'm learning greater patience and humility every day as I try to discern her needs and rely on Ray and others around us for advice and support.

Diana weighed in at 10 lbs and 11 oz (40th %tile), and 21.5 inches (13th %tile). She is healthy and {mostly} happy! Right now, Diana still loves to be held and snuggled. She loves falling asleep on our chests with her ear right over a heart so she can listen to our heartbeats. We love her almond shaped eyes with their long curly lashes, and her big beautiful smile that she will flash when we pick her up. She is cooing more and more and I really expect a giggle soon! Kaymond and Diana have the sweetest relationship. Kaymond loves telling me when Diana is awake by shouting "Ana wake!!!" (even if that means he woke her up). Diana just watches Kaymond in awe whenever she is awake and in the same room as him. Diana is sleeping well at night, but sometimes has a hard time staying asleep during her naps. Her nursing schedule is slowly becoming more regular and easy to follow. She is a wonderful little girl and I'm so excited to watch her personality come out more!

This month is going to be especially fun as we bless Diana on Sunday and see family all month long.

Our yard is slowly coming along. I do need to replant my zucchini and pumpkin as my six plants were killed in a wind storm here. The grass has been mowed though and it is just waiting for a wading pool for Kaymond to spend his summer in!

Diana's first time going to church! We were only going to stay the first hour, but Kaymond took off to nursery and was so happy we couldn't stand to take him out of there. So we stayed all 3 hours and Diana slept the whole time :)

My princess is so pretty in pink!

Add caption


Oh yeah! We went to Antelope Island for a Saturday day trip. We had lots of fun driving around the island seeing all the buffalo and antelope. We even ate a buffalo burger- it was nothing special though. Also, the biting gnats had just hatched on the island. They kept getting stuck in Kaymond's hair and biting his scalp! Diana and I did not get out of the car.

The official "I'm 2 Months Old!" picture. 

Kaymond potty trained last week and got a marble track for his reward! (Thank you Wal-Mart for making a $10 marble track!) He absolutely loves it. Ray creates a new run every night after Kaymond is in bed, and then Kaymond wakes up every morning to run downstairs and play with it until it falls apart (read: Kaymond destroys it and begins telling me to "Try again!").

Both kiddos fell asleep in our bed the other night because it was hot and the a/c wasn't working. We just turned on our ceiling fan. I looked down and Kaymond had his arm draped like this around Diana and she had reached up and was holding his arm there. Adorable. I am so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment