Friday, April 12, 2013

Springtime

Well Germany, you've finally done it. This morning when Ray and I walked out to Forest, we paused... took a deep breath... and broke out in huge smiles.

There is seriously nothing like emerging from a long dark winter, into that first, freshly rained upon morning of spring. It pretty much made our day.

That, and that it was Friday.

And I finished training at my new job today (what a saga that was!)

And I got off work early and got to do some reading for work so I don't have to tomorrow.

And my private lesson got cancelled because of lightning (okay, this one isn't super great because the kid was adorable, but who can complain about getting home sooner than later on a Friday night?)

Tomorrow is a glorious Saturday where Ray and I plan to do some prep work for our trip to Hanover next weekend. More details on that to come.

In our year and a half of marriage, Ray and I have moved to completely new states or continents 3 times. Today I've finally accepted that breaking into that new community will probably take 3-4 months at best. We've just hit that mark here and I'm beginning to understand roads, military lingo, and what it's like to really live in Germany. That's a good feeling. Plus it's nice to know for future moves that I should prepare myself to be outta the loop for a good 3 months. Somehow I get the feeling there are still lots of moves in our future.

I leave you with this, because it has been stuck in my head, and now it should be stuck in yours too. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment